In light of our April Salon next week, we thought it would be a good time to have a look at some of the literary news and happenings over the past month, and also share some of our favourite reads from the past few weeks.
- Congratulations to Heather Rose, whose book The Museum of Modern Love won this year’s Stella Prize. Read Heather Rose’s Stella Prize acceptance speech
- Stella Prize Girl’s Write Up Program announced
- Congratulations to Katherine Brabon who has won the Australian/Vogel’s Literary Award 2016 with her novel The Memory Artist
- Congratulations to all the Wheeler Centre Hot Desk Fellows
- See me showing you me By Roanna Gonsalves in Overland
- Your attention, please: who’s reading Australian books? By Edward Berridge in Overland
- Discovering my political voice by Shu-Ling Chua for Noted Festival
- On Being Likable by Mel Campbell in Overland
- Sketches Towards a Theory of Existence by Khalid Warsame in Scum Magazine
- UNLEVELLED by Mindy Gill in Peril Magazine
- Stella Provocations: No One Way To Be Asian In Australia: Alice Pung, Leanne Hall & Rebecca Lim in Conversation
- Starving Artist Podcast
The Wheeler Centre: More Than Words: Translation and Interpretation
- The Rereaders on Big Little Lies, Dance Academy: The Movie and The Lonely City
See you next week on Wednesday the 3rd of May, 6.30pm at Beer Deleuxe, Federation Square. We’ll be in the table near the atrium!